Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 trx250x fourtrax
A month ago I purchased the “koso” Ac to Dc converter for atv’s. I wanted to go from the stock head lamp running on ac current to a new led head lamp that runs on dc current. I wired everything as I thought it should’ve been and worked perfect for a month no light flutter or dimming and suddenly after the bike sat for a week I started it up, let it warm up and tried turning on the light and nothing. I suspected maybe a burn fuse, no checked all the lines and seemed fine. When I took the front plastics off I noticed the wires coming out of the converter were slightly melted as if they got really hot and the box felt wet at the bottom as if it leaked something out. The box is silicone sealed on both sides. If anyone can shine some light and maybe show a diagram or do I need to have a battery installed

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
I love those old tanks but no experience with the converters; i wired in my leds on a totally separate control circuit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And how would I go about running the leds on a separate control circuit? Kind of stumped as there is no battery

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
Oh didn’t know that
Hmm does manual give how many watts does your stator generates at idle? I have seen battery/regulator/rectifier kits for some of these
Otherwise you might be able to power small leds pods through your headlight circuit

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
A good quality reg/rec I'd reccomend and if no battery is used look at getting a capacitor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts