Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , just wanted to say hey! and get some good advice right off the bat.

Im about to purchase a 1990 honda 350 4 trax . It has about 35 hrs on it. It has been housed in a barn for the last 5- 10 years. Im looking for advice recommendations and reviews on this Honda ATV.

Im sure im going to be asking alot more questions here in the future.

Thanks for your time

Jonesy

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
That quad is pretty much as tough as nails. IT will be a nice buy from the sounds of it with only 35 hours on it! Wow....With a new spark, oil change, and few little minor updates, that will be a nice one. Whats the asking price?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Am I sitting down? WTF? lol. $600 isn't bad. Any pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEHE I thought that price was kind of rediculous. Im in Canada so thats about 450-500 U.S. I think. The machine is like brand new

The barn door is buried in snow right now so I need a few weeks to get it out.

I saw that the gas tank inside is like orange any tips on how to clean that shit out?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Dude...thats like...not rediculous! Thats a good price. LOL. That orange stuff in the gas tank is rust. You'd have to either buy a new one, or you can rinse it out with water and then put some phosphoric acid in it and shake it up. Let it sit overnight, then dump it out the next day. Rinse it out with water again and then put some coins or bolts/washers and shake it up to bust the heavy stuff off. Then rinse it out again and spray some WD-40 in it to prevent more rust. If you run it with all that rust in there like that, your engine is screwed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the info J, Ill pop back on when I get some pics and maybe more advice on tuning this machine up

Thx for the replies

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Agree with the bacon on the tank cleaning. After you get the stuff out and tank back on run some sea-foam in the first tank of gas after that you should be good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the sea foam tip , I will definitely use that. Should be picking it up in a few weeks . Ill check back then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, I finally got this machine. I had the tank relined and gave it a full tuneup. I also added seafoam to the tank. It took about 10 min for it to finally start. The only problem I seem to have is that it wont idle if its not on choke. Any one have any thoughts on that ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Maybe it's running lean.....

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Yea thats a real clean and nice machine. Esp. for everything original. You got a good buy on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks J , my buddys are shocked as well .

Whats the carb adjustment for the mixture , is that the pilot screw the manual talks about? I think it talks about the throttle adjustment screw which is a big thumb screw then theirs another that you need a tool for i think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, avet... i just picked up a 450 that has sat for 4 years. It too would not idle without choke. i went thru the carb and ended up replacing the main jet --- it had corroded (must have been water in the gas while it sat) and literally broke in two. New main jet at a whopping 5$US and it runs very nice. Might be your culprit...

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Ouch $5. :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts