Honda ATV Forum banner

A- Arm bushings

12K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  dman66 
#1 ·
Are the upper a-arm bushings the same for the 300ex as the 400ex? They look to be the same.

#3 · (Edited)
Are ther 2 diffrent types? On mine it has 2 rubber grommits with a bushing insert on each end then a collor with a ball joint in the middle. I have seen alot of the kits just use a solid spacer and 2 rubber bushings. If they both work which would be better?
I checked out the super daves they are like the solid spacer kit. The one that came out is like the other.

#4 · (Edited)
bushings

On the stock a-arms, I removed the bushings from the arms.They can be knocked out if tight,or they pretty much were ready to fall out on mine. With Super Daves kit, you have to remove a thin sleeve inside the a-arm bushing collar-mounting area.Not real hard to do, you can cut the sleeve carefully with a sawzall metal blade, and then tap out sleeve with a screwdriver and hammer. The other mounts your talking about, are good to, but I don't know what it takes to install. Super daves bushings were not hard to install.I may have written this up once before on this site or on exriders.com Pictures of what your bushings look like would help, if you had any. Or you can look up any honda parts supplier to view pictures of different parts of yourm quad.

#6 ·
bushings

I'm not quite sure if that will work or not? My theory is the less moving parts the better. I ride through alot of mud and deep water-well water up to the top of my fenders.I personally like Super Daves due to if grit gets into these bushing areas, the bushing will wear before the metal on the a-arm. The kit you posted is O K if thats what you like, but theres alot of wear parts there. You can also check out atvbushings.com for other kis, they are urethane bushing kit for whole front end a-arms, for $ 100.00 Thats not to bad, and they provide instructios too.I'm not sure what that brand of kit you posted.

#8 · (Edited)
bushings

When you push out the old bushings, there will probably be a thin metal sleeve left inside of the a-arm bushing tube.I mean very thin metal, but its hard metal - almost looks like part of the a-arm tube inside. I found this out when I tried to install the new super daves bushing - it would not go in. I took a sawzall metal blade, or you can use a hack saw blade, and just cut the metal sleeve maybe about a 1/64 of an inch off of the inside of bushing tube. Then you take a hammer and scew driver and catch a corner of that thin metal and start peeling it out until you can take needle nose pleirs to peel it the rest of way out. Then take some 80 grit sand paper, and clean out the a-arm tube. Press in the new super daves bushing by hand and help it in with a block of wood and hammer.I don't know of an easier way to describe this to you. It's not a real hard job to do. I still have my lower a-arm bushings to do, but I bought a bayou 220 for my kids to ride and have to make the bayou safe first. The atvbushings.com kit has instructios with the kit, but I don't know if you have to do the same work as the SuperDaves kit.

#10 ·
bushings

My previous instructions were for removing the lower shock bushins and not the a-arm bushings. The a-arm bushings you need to remove the outer seals-pry out seals with screwdriver, then you remove the clips on both sides of inner bearing, then remove bearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.