Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, have a problem with my 4wheeler (2001 TRX350FE) and thought you all might be able to help out. My cousins were tearing out fence yesterday, and when I went to fetch them, I noticed a problem with the front wheel (as they were driving off). When I stopped them I saw that the lower A-arm on the front left had popped out. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the front drive shaft had come out of its hole as well.

I've posted a few pics of the problem, and mostly I'm just looking for advice on where to go from here. Can I just pop that drive shaft back in its hole? It still has some sort of snap ring on it. Where is the best place for me to buy replacement ball joint for the A arm? You guys know the routine by now, anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
Pop it back in and try it, can't see why it wouldn't be ok, remember to check your diff oil level too. Be sure to fit new upper and lower arm ball joints, I always change them in pairs.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
new ball joints, pop the cv joint/axle right back in. you will need to remove lower a-arms in order to have enough room to poke the axle back in. unbolt the lower shock mount, raise it, then you can raise the upper a-arms enough to have room, easy fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
shadetree
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing