Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am working on a 300trx for a friend and it's not starting . The 300 was missing the CDI box the ignition switch and positive battery cables . I have the exact bike myself so before spending any money I pulled what was missing from my bike and put it on my friends . The 300 is firing ,pulled carburetor and unstuck the float and needle valve wont start . I put gas in the cylinder still nothing . Valves are in tolerance pulled the top off the motor and it appears to be in time with no slack in the timing chain . With that said I put the top back on the motor and try it again still nothing . I even tried starting fluid to see if I got ignition and it doesn't get any ignition on it either .the spark plug is firing its tail off , fuel in the cylinder valves in tolerance and timing appears on to me from timing Mark's on flywheel and the cam with the cam lobes facing down and it still wont bust off . Any suggestions? This one makes no sence to me , the 300 should start and run but no so luck . I would appreciate any help thank you in advance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts