Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my carburetor but the throttle cable tops are different. Got the old one off but still can't get new one one. Took off a retainer ring still won't fit. Anyone know how to get the metal piece from the cable to fit the new cap?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure how those screw top carbs go together, mabe you could post some pics so someone else can see what your talking about.

·
Registered
416 Posts
whats the matter with using the cable thats on the new one? Does it not fit? or not long enough?
Never heard of having the tops on the same carb different myself. Unless the carb is an upgrade or hi performance and not original issue.

I usually go at it like someone had to assemble it in the 1st place right? Well some things are pressed in or crimped and will be destroyed if you pry it apart.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like you should be able to disconnect the cable from the needle seat piston assy. Then thread it thru the new cap. Hard to tell tho. You may need to take it to a honda shop and possibly get a tech to tell you if its interchangeable or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is an after market carb and the cable didt come with it. The tops are different sizes. trying to avoid buying bew cable

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Let me know if you figure it out. Just ran into the same problem.
try staying with oem parts, and not mix and match, then you wont have this problem. use the old carb, old cable, rebuild the carb with a kit, use only shindy !.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replaced my carburetor but the throttle cable tops are different. Got the old one off but still can't get new one one. Took off a retainer ring still won't fit. Anyone know how to get the metal piece from the cable to fit the new cap?
must have bought a aibyiar carb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts