Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 98 Honda 300 fourtrax 4x4 bought it from an old man who had it set up in a barn for 15 years i got it to my house and put new gasoline in it, changed the spark plug, new battery, and cranked it over and it fired up for about a minute but when we let off the throttle it died and never cranked back up. So i thought first things first clean carburetor. Did that still wouldn’t crank. And it was blowing air out the carb instead of suckin in. Thought intake valve might be stuck so put some marvel mystery oil in through the spark plug and let it sit over night and tried the next day and same thing so i thought we’ll timing might be off so i drained all oil and tore the top end off and it was off time 180 degrees. Put it back in time everything lined up perfect put it back together. Put brand new oil in it and a new carburetor and it’s still blowing air back like every other stroke but it’s suckin in more than before not sure what the issue is but i got fire, got new carb, new fluids and still no crank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts