Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm Joseph nicknames camo I'm 20 years old and last night I bought a 1998 fourtrax, 300 2x4 same bike my uncle had. When I came home last night it had no power no spark nothing and now thanks to the threads on here I have power spark and have it running just gotta clean the carb replace the solenoid and figure out why I have no rear brakes but I decided to join the forums due to the help I've already received thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Hey camo, welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Welcome to the forums camo!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome!
The folks here are very knowledgeable, and helpful.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums. I agree with fish ^^^^, that is not a 1998, maybe a 1988. 1998 models if my memory is half way good ?!..lol, they had mud guards attached to the front fenders as well as the rear fenders. 1988 models had solid fenders, front and rear.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Here's a pic of my 98 before all the mods for year id ;-)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
there are a few things make me think it is a first generation , the big "U" in the exhaust pipe , the tank decals , the fenders have no mud flaps or holes for them , and from the angle it sure looks like a McPherson strut and not a shock in the front

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome guys sorry it took me so long to reply forgot my login like an idiot. And yea I'm slowly learning towarsds 88 as well I believed it was from the beginning but wasn't 100 % sure so just went off what the guy who sold it to me said.( Not sure he knew much about the bike anyways but not judging) I've almost got her running now just waiting on rear brakes and a carb that will be here tomorrow. And then I gotta diagnose my oil temp light which I have started a new line about under general discussion thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
already answered your other thread :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts