Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, first time poster, long long time follower. Started a complete tear down and rebuild 5 yes ago. Bigger piston, cam, valves, jets, performance exhaust, disc brake conversion, shocks, paint,...damn near everything is new. Anyhow, about 4 yrs ago, just as I was finishing with putting top end back together, life happened and bike sat for 4 years. Last 3 months, started back and she is alive! Two problems...slight tick which may be semi old fuel or valve adjustment. However to my main problem. I can shift through all gears, but clutch isnt disengaging. It will shift kinda hard 2gear on up and back down every shift jumps in hard. Since it sat up so long, could the clutch plates be sticking? If so, should I ride it to break free? Special additives to add? If I hold the shifter up between gears, normally it would disengage but it goes right into next gear. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
your clutch is not adjusted right ?, or like you said, your friction disk are stuck together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your clutch is not adjusted right ?, or like you said, your friction disk are stuck together.
Ok, but I did adjust clutch and it performs much better turned counterclockwise all the way. Clockwise it gets goofy and very sloppy shifting. Is there something I could do to break free the plates without opening her back up?

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Ok, but I did adjust clutch and it performs much better turned counterclockwise all the way. Clockwise it gets goofy and very sloppy shifting. Is there something I could do to break free the plates without opening her back up?
go counter clockwise until it lightly seats ( stops ), then go back clockwise about 1/4 turn, then lock the lock nut down, this is factory settings. other than opening it up ?, ride the crap out of it to try to break the disk free ?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts