Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I wont get into much detail about what happened yet, but I want to ask your opinions of how often you hear of these running out of oil in the rear end and frying the final drive unit?

Also, wondering where I might be able to find a replacement or should I just buy a new bike, everything else works great.

Had it parked on a concrete floor with ZERO evidence of leakage.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
You haven't changed that oil in a looooooooooong time or the bolt is missing the washer. lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've never heard of them on any atv going unless they were hit hard enough to leak. No idea where to get a new one minus e-bay or maybe a parts atv from craigslist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the oil "was" changed by the dealer. Well, supposedly. I cant prove it but I think they didnt fill it by accident. Really sucks. Try to do the right thing and get them to maintain it and end up with a busted rear end. It has been since last year since changed so too long to prove anything. Hardly used it (maybe 4 hours total riding) and it was parked on concrete the rest of the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is it worth?

Any idea of a fair price for the "rest" of the atv? All the fenders are in good condition, the engine purrs like a kitten and starts VERY quickly, has super swampers and a winch, both racks in good shape.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would keep it, rebuilding the rear-end is useually only about 400-500$ if you do it yourself and as for where your fluid went, did u take off the brake drum yet? when the seals go out the fluid will sometimes leak into the break drum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts