Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum - and ATV's. Just purchased this machine used. My understanding is it won't start unless it's in neutral. The original shift lever was slipping, so I've replaced it. Is there a trick to finding neutral? The light doesn't work, it appears to roll, yet it doesn't fire when they key is on and the ignition switch is pressed. I've tried this in what would seem to be every shifting position. Any tips or tricks would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It won't fire till you get your neutral light fixed.. Your bike (just like you lol) doesn't know it's in neutral, so it won't fire...

You're gonna have to trace out the wiring and find out if your neutral switch is bad, or you have a wiring problem..

Download a service manual and it'll have the wiring diagram in it.. you can ground your wire to the switch to the engine and see if your light will come on.. then it will fire.. if so, your neutral switch is bad...

Welcome to the forums!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
agreed ^^^, unless the light is on ?, or the c.d.i. '' see's '' it in neutral ?, it won't fire the spark plug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys - sounds like a good approach. Appreciate the responses! Next question - having some challenges here finding the manuals. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? I'm excited to find this wiring diagram and see if I can make this thing work. Thank you for the welcome, and the guidance!!

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Thank you guys - sounds like a good approach. Appreciate the responses! Next question - having some challenges here finding the manuals. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? I'm excited to find this wiring diagram and see if I can make this thing work. Thank you for the welcome, and the guidance!!
you should be able to find the service manual in the manual section from the front page. bryan has a great list of service manuals listed in his post in the manual section.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Thank you again! Found 'em. Had to move from a mobile device to a laptop which made them easier to find. Appreciate the guidance once again!!
your welcome, glad to be of service :). your in good hands on our forums here :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.