Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New starter, new relay still just clicks when you hit the button. With the starter off it spins when you jump it with cables. Then I install starter and it won't even work when I jump it direct from the battery with cables. Not sure what to do next.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
will the engine kick over , maybe the engine is seized , if not then it could be the stater gears are messed up , do you know about the gears under the cover on the left side cover , or the starter is weak , bad connection , bad battery

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just rebuilt top end on engine. It kicks over and will start with kick starter. This is the second new starter I've tried both do the same thing. Battery is brand new,

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
did you get the starter or the solenoid off e-bay , I was burned with them before --- what happens if you jump the two big wires on the solenoid

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
I'd guess $5.00 for the solenoid and $15.99 for the starter ? ------- if so , I wouldn't try another one from e-bay , unless it is OEM Honda , you get what you pay for , I give mixed review on the cheap after market starters , hit or miss , mostly miss ------- had solenoids off e-bay work one time and another one not work once

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty close. $6 relay and $30 starter. I've used both on other atvs in past with good luck but I know they are just a gamble. Guess I'll get an OEM starter and go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts