Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at the four wheeler park and I hit this big mud hole and as soon as I hit it just heard something pop and then heard gears grinding. I got off and looked and my diff was broke in half. It broke in half where my pinion gear is. I had to drive it back to camp with front wheel drive and it bent my swing arm. I was just wandering what y'all thought about this?

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
it was most probably avoidable , my guess would be the oil leaked out from a bad seal , let water and or dirt in , the bearing went out and the pinion jammed up , cocked and broke the housing , checking the oil regularly for signs of oil lost or contamination could have caught the problem before it got as bad as it became ------------ I seen a 300 differential on the local classifieds around here for $285 yesterday ------are you familiar with putting the rear end out of another bike into yours , a rear end with axle tubes and double bearings at the ends , where the seal is at the hub seem to do a much better job of keeping the oil in and water /dirt out and lasting -----the 300 is a tuff bike but the rear end is it's weak link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
fishfiles
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing