Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
If you aren't getting any noise from the CV's and no torn boots I would not replace them, if you do, I would go with OEM. While I have had good luck with the Chinese sixity axles along with the east lake axle offerings. I have had 2 comebacks on them.

If all checks out I would keep running the stock CV's.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you aren't getting any noise from the CV's and no torn boots I would not replace them, if you do, I would go with OEM. While I have had good luck with the Chinese sixity axles along with the east lake axle offerings. I have had 2 comebacks on them.

If all checks out I would keep running the stock CV's.
My stock cv's aren't like normal CV axles. The end is like an x not a ball. I've been wanting to change them forever but never took the time to do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
@Manny @Lweingart

Manny I believe you were the one who suggested I look into East Lake Axles. I bought them about 1-2 years ago and they work great. Haven't had a problem with them and I use this bike purely for work. Never any easy goings for it. Thought I'd mention it and also say thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
The axles I had issues with were sixity. granted these were both on RZR's where the rake is a lot worse and demand a lot more out of a CV then a typical honda atv. but still, I have had 2 failures with them.

That's a heavy duty looking CV you have!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
6 Participants
Manny
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing