Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and have a question about my trx300. I just bought my first atv and having a Lil trouble with the idle. It cranks fine but when it's in neutral it shuts off. Now when I'm driving it doesn't shut off but I have to keep my finger on the gas. So if anyone has any ideas I willing to listen thanks in advance

·
Registered
2000 trx400ex
2 Posts
There’s an idle screw on the carb and if u turn it clockwise it should increase your idle, it doesn’t take too much turning to change idle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s an idle screw on the carb and if u turn it clockwise it should increase your idle, it doesn’t take too much turning to change idle
Thanks for responding to my question and your right the idle needs turning up but now I have another problem. my petcock is not functioning right and it's putting to much gas in the carburetor causing it to flood out and not start after 45 minutes of riding. To top all that off my tank is rusty real bad so now I gotta figure out how to fix that lo.l didn't think my first atv would be this much trouble 😅

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have more than one problem. I would clean tank with plumbing acid and coat with red coat tank sealer you can buy a Oriley auto parts replace fuel cock and replace carb with a new one you can buy on eBay for les than fifty dollars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have more than one problem. I would clean tank with plumbing acid and coat with red coat tank sealer you can buy a Oriley auto parts replace fuel cock and replace carb with a new one you can buy on eBay for les than fifty dollars.
yeah a friend of mine told me about the coat thing but i seen a video on youtube about evapo-rust rust remover. they say it does really well i have a peakcock on order and a buddy of mine is gonna clean the carb so hopefully that will work

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
No acid or coating
buy two gallons of Walmart cleaning vinegar and a pound of BBs. Put em in the tank and roll it around. I wrapped my tank in bubble wrap, put it in a box and let it rotate in my cement mixer for three/four hours

Spray every bolt you see with Deep Creep. take off the gas cap and petcock first. Vinegar will destroy rubber. Be very careful with those petcock bolts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts