Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i got this thing torn apart, when i picked it up, the right crankcase cover was off, and the kickstart lever was not on it. Now, the problem i'm having, is i BELIEVE there are some parts missing from the kickstart. I have seen the exploded views from the parts website, but that doesnt quite explain well enough in my head, what goes where. Or what parts i need to get in replacement. does anyone have a 250 that they are VERY familiar with the kickstart, or have one taken apart already they can snap a pic of the complete left crankcase? if i get that fixed this thing oughta start.

i have snapped a set of vice grips on the kickstarter and spun it, and it never grabs the motor, it just spins freely, with of course spring resistance, so it seems everything else is working right, i think im just missing a gear or two. and some washers etc..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it now, i got a pdf of the factory service manual. Im missing the 16 tooth gear, and the pin that spins on was installed backwards so i see why it looked like it wouldnt fit. Now...to sort out this silly reverse stop lever.....

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
What about the reverse lever??

i got it now, i got a pdf of the factory service manual. Im missing the 16 tooth gear, and the pin that spins on was installed backwards so i see why it looked like it wouldnt fit. Now...to sort out this silly reverse stop lever.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just dont get it, where it goes or how it works, thats all. it was taken apart when i got it, so i didnt get to see it come apart. any microfiche i've looked at doesnt quite show me exactly where it goes.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
www.bikebandit.com there is a parts break down there that will give you a basic idea of how it goes, I will try to scan that section in my book tonight if I can get away from making these crab pots for next season.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i've been to bikebandit.com, they have the same microfiche's as hondapartsnation.com where im getting most of my replacement parts from. It's at a bad angle to see how it goes together, but i've also got the honda service manual for it that is a little vauge as well. I'll get it figured out, or ditch the reverse, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wont bother me, the only bike i ever ride that has reverse is a sportsman 700.

I am used to riding a DS 650 which doesnt even have reverse stock, and a blaster 200, also no reverse. So it's a spoil im not even used to so i wont be missing anything. I want it to work though since the main bikes i ride with is a raptor 660 and the DS 650, and we love to make fun of the guy on the ds when he has to pull himself backwards out of places :icon_ rofl:

·
Registered
163 Posts
1988 250x

working on a 250x with a broken gear i need to know exactly what goes where on both sides of the case{outsides} a few parts fell and everything went everywhere please help. -email [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
250x

i tried them scematics but it doesnt show where the very little peices go like around the shift drum, i know where the clutch and stator goes, the kick starter is still in place.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ok i did thanks for trying to help anyways

1 - 20 of 22 Posts