Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering were I can find a white brothers pipe for my 250x please help thanks nate

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Have you looked on eBay or bilebandit.com?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ebay is about the only place you may find one.They are getting harder and harder to find.Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
I think they were bought out by Vance/Hines i cant remember. contact powroll.com they may can tell you

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You might try some of our site sponsors! if they don't have them try RockyMountain ATV.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I think they were bought out by Vance/Hines i cant remember. contact powroll.com they may can tell you
Moose is right. They were bought out by Vance/Hines.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks guys i will check around. The other question i had about a month ago I rechecked my valve lash and they were way off. when i did the valve lash it had alot of power but now I think they are off again because I have no power and starts like crap. what do you guys think could be the problem all the wheelers I have had I never had one need valve adjustment this much please help.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
If your loosing power your cam and rockers may need replaced. Mine tapped like crazy and then when it started to lose power it was game over. My rockers and cam were shot. If you check them and they are both at .004 then your probably in the same boat. Also if you are in the same boat make sure you check your oil pump. Thats what caused mine to go then i put new cam and rockers in and was riding it down the road and ruined those again along with the rod bearings. So if you dont want that fun time check the oil pump before you put it back togeather.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok now what i was told is that the valve lash is suppose to be 4 on intake and 5 for the exhaust is that right

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Yeah thats factory i run .004 on both and they are a bit quieter then factory. But if you put them at .004 and .005 and when you check them they havent changed at all, your cam or rockers or both may be shot. If your noticing a power loss your probably boned. Cuz when i noticed a loss of power my cam and rockers were both shot. If your adjusted to spec and it is still tapping and if the tap gets faster as you ride thats another sign of cam and rocker damage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok I hope thats not the case its got a brand new cam and rockers put in already that would suck. well I will check them out thanks again guys
Nate

Oh I was wondering what would be good for braking in a cam and rockers

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whats Compression suppose to be on the 250x

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Just do a couple of tanks of gas not really ripping on it. They need to be slowly broken in. As for the compression idk? Moose or Helmut will know.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Moose can probably tell you what the compression is supposed to be. I don't have a manual for the 250X.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Yeah sure wish he would get on. My quad sounds like fire works riding around the yard hope his advice can help out lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok what i found was my exhaust was at 7 and my intake was way to tight now that I adjusted them it seem to be back to normal but now it kicks a little harder than normal is that ok

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Yeah thats probably ok if the exhaust was at 7 then that was loose and the others were tight you mean right at .004 or were there thight against the valves?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it was tight against the valve I had to back it off about three turns before i could get the feeler gauge in there

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Huh weird i dunno if that would make it harder to kick over? But i guess if you think about it that one would have been really pushing open the valves and reduce compression and the other ones were just loose so they were bearly causing any resistance at all. When you start it do they make any noise? Tapping at all? Cuz if there quiet i would roll with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts