Honda ATV Forum banner

91 trx 200d has gone sparkless

966 views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  cflor 
#1 ·
hi. i have been trying to restore a type 2 for my son. i bought a hoopty...... it's been going good and has been running well.
today i replaced the steering plastics and a toggle switch that the previous owner had for a keyed ignition switch. after doing this , no spark.
i put the toggle back in and bypassed the keyed ignition. still no joy. i cleaned all the connections. i even used the ground that the previous owner didn't use on the ignition switch. still nothing.
it cranks, it just has no fire.

any ideas on where to start. about to order a new cdi on amazon, as that is usually what is the fault on my jetski when i go sparkless

thanks

#4 ·
checked the fuse last night and it was good to go. the ignition switch by the grip is unchanged. it is OEM. i only put in a new key switch as the one it should have had was missing. that was chinese amazon. they cut the old one out and replaced it with a toggle switch. when i turn the key on i get power to the rev. and neutral lights. also the starter cranks. so i don't think the key made a difference, but just in case i did swap it back out with the toggle switch . it ran ok with that prior to this. that didn't help. something blew somewhere, double checked all the wires just to make sure i didn't pull something loose, but i see no loose wires or ends.

#8 ·
yeah, i've got a few switches on my '15 Yamaha waverunner ho cruiser !..lol ( 180 hp )..yeahhhhhhh baby !!..lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.