Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats not the one. Mine is the next version 1991 not the one with the big turtle trunk. That's where the issue has been. Was told they went back to the 200sx tranny so it should have 5. Was hoping the pick w/o the right side case would help give a definite answer. Seems like it revs so high in 4th at cruising speed down the trail.

· Registered
1,371 Posts
I like your description the turtle trunk lol. Not sure what Honda was thinking with that. Is yours the 200 or 200D? I think '91 is the only year they overlap.

If you look at the specs page from the service manual (attached) it seems the trans may change to a 5 speed for the 200D after '91.

Rob

Attachments

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
I like your description the turtle trunk lol. Not sure what Honda was thinking with that. Is yours the 200 or 200D? I think '91 is the only year they overlap.

If you look at the specs page from the service manual (attached) it seems the trans may change to a 5 speed for the 200D after '91.

Rob
me and my bud call the trx200D '' hump backs ''..lol.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Is there any way to identify what year or tranny from motor number in pic?
no. why not just look the vin number up ?, then you and us will know what you have ?. if it has a large high trunk ?, it is a trx200D, if it does not have a large high trunk ?, then it is just a trx200.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Does not have the hump.... The sticker on the front upright bar says its a 200D...this has been my problem finding out about this 5th gear issue. Is there an actual vin stamped somewhere?
right behind that sticker, to the left, on top of that flat plate, is where your vin number is stamped, read left to right, count to the 10th digit, then let us know what that letter or number is ?.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
and yours has the hump !..lol. that trunk lid is high !..lol. they call those the '' hump backs ''.

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
1991 trx200D, and that model does not, did not come with a pull starter

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Reactions: mac102004

· Registered
7,085 Posts
Is there any way to identify what year or tranny from motor number in pic?
I haven't 100% figured out the relationship between the engine code and the year yet. BUT, with that said I'm pretty confident that that is a 1991 engine.

Edit: now I see Rob's post lol. So I was right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.