Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sons 91 suddenly failed to start, checked for spark and have none so checked for 12 volts to coil...nada, no voltage at all to either side of the coil even when cranking. ECM maybe? We were thinking also bypassing the kill switch? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanx, Robert.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Try the switch bypass first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Saber

bypassed the kill switch, still no spark. Unplugged the CDI...the one plug going to the cdi with 2 wires has 12 volts going in on both wires...plugged that one back into the cdi and put tester to other side (4 wires), have no voltage coming out of that side on any of the 4 wires even when cranking...Don't know if this is even a valid test but it seemed like something to try. Thanks again, Robert

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mate, did you check the inductive sensor,usualy have two wires, in some cases one.No votermeter needed(couse you will not be able to check with that stuff properly).Just use simple 12V diode lamp, observ the polarity.When crancking it should blink, if blinking OK. then look for bigger problem.(sorry for mesing you around).Today my english for me difficult enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts