Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I just joined up b/c my fiance and I have inherited a 91 honda fourtrax 300 2x4 and I am a bit new to serious ATVing. I'm going to be making a home made snorkel for it, and I was looking to lift it also. The problem I'm finding is that there doesn't seem to be any kits out there for the 91 year and down. A buddy told me the 91 down has a single a arm so the lift kits for the higher years won't work b/c they have the double a arm front end. He suggested getting longer struts up front and longer shock out back. Would this be possible? and if so, does any one know the dimensions I'd be looking for or a different year or model they might come off of?
Also, I've been reading up and I believe I have the same size tires front and rear, and I've read that isn't good see how stock is 1" taller in the rear. We've been riding it like that for a while w/ no problems.
I'm impressed by the 300. It'll go through some pretty deep holes (hence the need for the snorkel)
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you're new to atv'ing then I suggest you just use it for a while. You may find that you'll want a 4x4 if you plan to go mudding to where you'd need a snorkle, so you will have made a mod for nothing.

Just run it through the paces for a while and see what you need first.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I've never seen a lift kit for the '88-'91 models either and I've looked. The 2wd '88-'91 models, like your buddy says, just has a lower A-arm and struts, but the 4wd model has upper an lower A-arms and uses coilover shocks, but I've never seen a lift kit for those either.

The Fourtrax 300 has a transfer case and is supposed to have 1 inch taller tires in the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts