Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 91 trx250x rod eit one day put it up and didnt ride it for 2 days now the plug wont fire put a new one and everything but still nothin what could it be

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
CDI is the first thing that comes to mind, but there has got to be other things I can't think of.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Check your reverse switch make sure you didn't pull it up by accident. you won't have fire if it's engaged. also check your red button on the handlebars I leave mine on but I forget sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
sure it does... on the left side where the headlight switch is the red slide not button sorry.

kk thanks ill check that, but mine aint got a red button on the handle bars

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o mine aint got either one of those my headlight comes on automatically when it cranks and stays on

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
What kind of kill switch do you have on it?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I have the exact same quad.... where is you headlamp switch ad the on/off switch?? this could be your whole issue

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
that's probably alot of your issue there. i would never bypass any of that unless it was a dire emergency.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You could probably find a used switch and wiring for it on ebay. That might be the first thing to do. Bring it back to stock and then go from there. Of course, you can troubleshoot it as is if you want to keep it in the altered state, but that makes it difficult for anyone else to help without being there.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I have scanned all the electrical test procedures if you need them??? just PM me with your email address and I will be more than happy to send them to you along with anything else in the manual you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts