Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, very new here so don't bash me to badly, I have a "89 300 TRX and it recently had a dead battery, at least thats what my friend who rode it that dqay said, I charged the battery, it checked out to be good, but I have no control lights (neutral, etc) I also noticed that the 15a fuse in front of the battery was blown, I replaced it and it blew again, what do I need to do next? I'm somewhat mechanically inclined but I have no idea where to start and I really can't afford to have it taken to a shop...PLEASE any suggestions!
~Scottie

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
welcome to the forums...first..find out why the fuse keeps blowing ?????..this is the very first thing you need to do !..then we can help you from there. more than likely..you got a shorted wire somewhere ??????...trace it from the battery through the wire harness.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
welcome to the forums...first..find out why the fuse keeps blowing ?????..this is the very first thing you need to do !..then we can help you from there. more than likely..you got a shorted wire somewhere ??????...trace it from the battery through the wire harness.
What he said, you have a bare, burnt, broken or frayed wire some where.. Find it and fix it...

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Does the fuse blow as soon as you replace it or does it blow after you turn the key on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK today is the day I get to try to fix it!! The fuse seems to blow when I turn key on, I unplugged, cleaned, and re-plugged all connections, I inspected the wires and found nothing that looked broken, frayed, or out of the ordinary. I seem to be getting a solid connection through the wires, about to reconnect everything and hoping it was just a bad connection, let you know what happens.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You might try to disconect the headlamp switch and see if the fuse still pops.If it dont ,your short might be in the switch on the handle bar. The wires are routed realy tight up in there,and you might need to take it appart and make sure no wires are touching the bar where it clamps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It work!!! Cleaned all connections an WOW. It works!! Thanks for the help...I will definatly be back. Thanks Again for all the advice. Wait, what is the recommended tire pressure on a '98 text 300???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts