Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88' Honda fourtrax 300 and I was wondering would a 95' fourtrax battery cable relay fit my bike?

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
I have a 88' Honda fourtrax 300 and I was wondering would a 95' fourtrax battery cable relay fit my bike?
cable ?, or starter solenoid ?, if a starter solenoid ?, they work the same way, but I think on some years they changed the solenoid connection to the wire harness ?, I don't remember right off hand ?.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Will this piece shown below work for my 88' bike if it's coming off of a 95' ??
yep, that will work. and that is your inline fuses :). deff not your starter solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
Should there be a cable running from the solenoid to the battery ??
yes, pos from battery hooks to one side of the starter solenoid, then on the neg side of battery to ground on engine. back at the starter solenoid, other post, cable on it, then to starter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I don't have the fuse box will the solenoid work properly? Do I need the box in order for the solenoid to run ?

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
First of all Vinny my advice would be to fully charge your battery. Secondly, make sure you have all the correct parts in your wiring loom. Start from one end (battery) and work through the loom, it's just a process of elimination, finding wiring faults takes time and patience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
SamUK
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing