Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Frustrated trying to get my fourtrax going...
I have constant power to the starter... I have the ignition key off and have disconnected the selenoid harness and still have power going to the starter at all times as long as the battery cables are connected. I have checked all wires and see no bare spots or rodent chewing- all connections have been checked and seem good. Replaced the selonoid when found bike dead when went to use- I assume issue developed when sitiing.
Any ideas....

·
Registered
14 Posts
sounds to me like you have a short at the starter button. I'd take that apart, carefully, as there are a lot of little parts in those handlebar switches. Make sure your starter switch isn't stuck in the start position all the time. I've had that happen with two of my older quads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
Frustrated trying to get my fourtrax going...
I have constant power to the starter... I have the ignition key off and have disconnected the selenoid harness and still have power going to the starter at all times as long as the battery cables are connected. I have checked all wires and see no bare spots or rodent chewing- all connections have been checked and seem good. Replaced the selonoid when found bike dead when went to use- I assume issue developed when sitiing.
Any ideas....
Did you also get a new battery?
if so, are the terminals oriented the same way? Check polarity... easiest thing first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts