Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of river riding When I hit water too fast and it splashes up on the engine the engine wants to cut out and die. Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it. Doesn't do it when I am crossing in deep water its more when I hit a shallow area fast and the water splashes up.

Also in air filter change should you coat the foam with oil?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Make sure the spark plug boot has dielectric grease in it. Is you machine snorkelled and all vent hoses run up high? Steam from the water splashing on the motor can cause it to cut out.

Coat the foam filter with foam filter oil, such as UNI there are also cheap foam filter oils on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I was wondering about that. I just snorkeled it yesterday but haven't had a chance to run the vent lines yet, and obviously haven't had a chance to run it yet. Oh and yes plug is greased.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I think once you get those vent lines run up and test it with the new snorkel you'll see a big improvement. Don't forget about the crank case vent either, drill a hole in the airbox and stick it in there with some silicone around it, or run it to the top of the snorkel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
try dielectric grease on the two small coil wires and the cdi wires -------- run the bike and hit every inch of it with a hose and wet it good , try to make it fowl out and see where it is like that

I am not a fan of running the vent tube into the air box , if you flood the air box then you are going to get water in the crankcase , if the vent is run up with the snorkel and the air box floods , you have a better chance you can survive it not getting in the crankcase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts