Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a stock bike with K&N filter and stock exhaust. Tried an E-Bay ISO Carb and the fit wasn't satisfactory and will return. Anyone here using an aftermarket carb without alterations. Whats the best deal next to $300 for a Honda replacement.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Send TRX2five0 a PM. He has a 250x and has done mods to it. I believe you can use a 400ex carb on it. Not sure though. He will give you some Great info!!
Welcome to the Family!!!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The stock carb is fine for anything less than a big bore and stroke.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
DennisKirk sells a carb 38mm bore for 250X for $208 it's prejetted for better than stock engines. But the 400EX carb will fit you have to stretch the boot to get it on though a heat gun will soften up the rubber enough to get it in. I have also hear the CRF250R or CRF250X carb will work too. If your're looking for performance then i suggest you go to a flatside carb like a Lectron, or edlebrock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up. The carb I purchased was wrong actually for the utility model. They gave me a ret auth no problem and tech support called and they don't have a carb in stock but will the end of the month. Found several used 300ex carbs on E-bay more reasonably cost than the accle. pump from all the on line Honda vendors I search. I think I'll by one of these and install my new jets.
Not looking for tons more power, in fact i put the factory exhaust on to ride the trail systems here in La. in the Kisatchie Nat Forest with my 2 sons. Im 54 years old and following a 28 and 25 yr olds on Suzuki Lt 400 I don't try to keep up just want to ride the trails'
If I want to go fast I fire up the Triumph Tiger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts