Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1987 trx 250 and was doing some routine maintenance on it and found that the previous owner welded the axle nut to the hub and axle on the brake side, I cut the nut off and damaged the axle threads and found the hub splines were stripped, I bought new axle shaft and wanted to know how to remove the axle?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
It's pretty simple.Remove the outer wheel hubs.Then slide the brake hub and brake stuff off.Once thats off the axle should slide out the other side.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yep no prob.Thats what were here for.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
I bought a 1987 trx 250 and was doing some routine maintenance on it and found that the previous owner welded the axle nut to the hub and axle on the brake side, I cut the nut off and damaged the axle threads and found the hub splines were stripped, I bought new axle shaft and wanted to know how to remove the axle?
There will be a lock ring behind the big nut on the axle that will need to be taken off first, The threads are back words. Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah he'll figure the threads out.I still forget which way I'm turning.lol

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I would say so.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
been awhile sinse i pulled a trx250 axle..but..after you get the brake backing hub off..the axle comes out the right side..and make sure when you put it back in..to put the spacer washer that falls off inside the left side back onto the left end of the axle when you put the axle back in from the right side..this spacer will be on the left side of the ring gear inside the tube..make sure you face it the right way when you put it back on the axle..it's got a chamber to it..if i'm not mistaken..the angle of it slopes inward..i could be wrong..sorry..like i said..been awhile sinse i rebuilt one :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts