Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a cross for the tie rods on a 87 fourtrax 250 utility? All I can find for the tie rods is for the sport model. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
prob because most parts for that model are discontinued today. its used all the way for parts for yours. ebay or a salvage yard is your only hope, or power sports nation for used tie rods.

·
Premium Member
12,441 Posts
I've had TRX250 Fourtraxs , still have a bunch of parts , seems I remember that you can use the ones off a Honda 300 , 350 Rancher or even a Yamaha 350 or 400 , they won't like exactly the same but will thread up and work , they are at least 4 maybe 5 that look different , take you old one and the steering rod to a Honda dealer and ask for a 300

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
300 fourtrax, 350 rancher, 400 foreman and 450 foreman will work fine. Same rod thread and same taper :)

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
what about the length ??.
I'm pretty sure there the same, I have several I can lay out against a rule tomorrow and upload a pic :)

·
Premium Member
12,441 Posts
I posted a pic a while back on one of my threads with 5 different versions of tie rod ends , Honda shows 4 different part numbers for the tie rod ends , some are a bit shorter on the threaded side , just adjust it to where it needs to go , I have never snap one off at the threaded side yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts