Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 350 in great shape with a top end tick. I have set the valves to .08 at tdc on the compression stroke and checked the timing chain all good. When watching the valves work at I turn it over the intake isn't opening till late in the stroke and closing just at tdc. The exhaust opens as soon as the piston strokes down and closes at the bottom of the stroke and then a whole stroke with no valve movement. The cam timing marks are lined up with the crank being at tdc and the lobes are down. What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
I picked up a 350 in great shape with a top end tick. I have set the valves to .08 at tdc on the compression stroke and checked the timing chain all good. When watching the valves work at I turn it over the intake isn't opening till late in the stroke and closing just at tdc. The exhaust opens as soon as the piston strokes down and closes at the bottom of the stroke and then a whole stroke with no valve movement. The cam timing marks are lined up with the crank being at tdc and the lobes are down. What am I missing?
.006 is what i set most valves at. but then again, i do not use feeler gauges. sounds like a bad/stretched cam chain ?, out of time ?, bad cam ?. bent valve/valves ?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.006 is what i set most valves at. but then again, i do not use feeler gauges. sounds like a bad/stretched cam chain ?, out of time ?, bad cam ?. bent valve/valves ?.
It was a mistake on my end when setting the cam. It runs fine now just has a little more noise than I expected. I can def hear the piston traveling. I think I will tear it down the rest of the way and make sure it's good on the crank bearings and connecting rod. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts