Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of a broken off hose attached to my carb. I can not find anywhere that is it suppose to attach. Any ideas?

Click for full size pic.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Looks like either the overflow or a bowlvent the hose ran down toward the ground incase the float stuck it would drain out of that hose to prevent too much fuel from entering the intake.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Agree^^Thanks for the picture that makes life alot easier.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. So, in other words, it just needs to be longer and pointed to the ground, but it goes no where else?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

Looks like it goes into a mess of hoses that all go to the ground.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at that and can't make heads or tails. Can you tell me which hose you think it is, so I can try to figure it out.

I'm fine with it going to the ground, or going into another mess that goes to the ground. But, if you can point me at the hose so I can see it for myself, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
This picture is backwards of your so i would suggest just putting a long piece of hose on it so that it hangs just above the swing arm and let it ride.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roger that. Thanks.

I've replaced the rear brakes that were in terrible shape, put an original used fuel pump on it because the other one on there was some aftermarket mess that sounded like a hay-bailer. Still trying to sort out the starter gears, but that's coming along. Once I get the front brakes figured out then I'll have it up to snuff.....and can sell it :)

J/K, unless I can get a lot of money for it. I paid 1k and will end up with about 400 more in it, so all in all not bad.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Nah that's pretty good and the parts are really not that expensive for these unless you go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could probably spend a lot more money on it, as is probably typical with older machines, but I'm not going to get too crazy. I think it could probably use some front gear work as it clunks a little bit at slow speeds when turning sharp, but it doesn't make that noise when riding, only when turning real sharp going slow.

But, like I said, I'm not going to start tearing it down just for the sake of tearing it down, and I also don't intend to take it on 20 mile rides or bury it in water and mud.

Just for grins, I put it up on Craigslist several weeks ago for $2000 just to see what kind of hits I would get, and someone immediately offered me $1500 site unseen. I pulled the ad down, but figure those machines are sort of in high demand if I ever wanted to sell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
that hose goes directly south of where it connects to the carb and there's a retainer( loop of of what looks like aluminum) thats supposed to hold it close to the carb. it is overflow. there's two of them..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I'll look for the retainer. I think the other overflow is on the other side of the carb, facing front, correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts