Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had a bit of snow here, so I've been plowing the last couple days. Is there any simple way to bypass the reverse limiter? Is it activated with the reverse indicator?

It's ridiculously slow backing up. I push all the snow to the street, and it takes me forever to back up the drive for the next push.

I'm the only person that will ever ride this machine, so there's no concern about a kid jumping on and killing himself because it was too fast.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Are you sure that model has a reverse rev limiter? I was thinking it was just geared real low and you couldn't go fast because of that, but I might be wrong. Does it spit and sputter in reverse when you push the throttle way down?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...it could just be geared stupid low. I don't recall any popping or anything, but I wasn't really paying attention.

My Suzuki's all fly in reverse, this Honda is turtle slow :)

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It's been a while since I've rode one of those, but I'm thinking they're just geared extremely low.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
yeah not sure about your particular machine but my 88 300 crawls in reverse.. it is sometimes very annoying...
Yeah, the 350 Foreman is gear about the same as the 300. They have that super low and reverse.

·
Super Moderator
37,188 Posts
yes..reverse is super low..about as fast as forward 1st..super low..lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts