Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

when i hit my electric start, it just goes 'click click click' like a car when it has a bad starter solenoid. i have the new one, but can't find where it is to replace it. any advice? thanks.

bill

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Should be right near the battery.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It's either, under the seat or under one of the rear fenders, above the rear tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rats

well, i got it installed, but it wasn't the issue. I thought for sure it was. :( there is a loud 'click' when i press the electric start button. there's plenty of juice from the battery cuz i even tried it while on the 'start' setting with the battery charger on. it definately sounds like an electrical component. any ideas what next?

thanks,
bill

·
Registered
383 Posts
mine did that it was just a dead battery from the key being left on.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
If your battery is fully charged and all the battery cables and connections are clean, then, check your starter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It still sounds like you arnt getting enough voltage to the solenoid it either has to be a bad connection. The starter wouldnt make that same kind of noise.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It still sounds like you arnt getting enough voltage to the solenoid it either has to be a bad connection. The starter wouldnt make that same kind of noise.
If the starter is bad, it probably won't make any noise at all, itself. But it can cause the solenoid to click.

·
Registered
216 Posts
good point justy jump the solenoid and see if the starter turns it over

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts