Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 85 and i was wanting to rebuild the top end

i was wondering if their was a link that i could download with the instructions to help me out a little before i get started?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
i'm sure there is..just don't know where it is..lol..are you rebuilding it for running reasons ?..or just want to make it like new again ?..they are fairly simple to tear down and put back together..if you can't find any links for instructions..and can't seem to put it back toether..let us know..i do alot of rebuilding on those engines..3 and 4 wheelers old school here .

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
285 Posts
ONLINE manuals are on 3wheelerworld.com down load it free and if you own a trike you need to be a member on here, we know way to much, this is more of an ATV site, its not dedicated to trikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone for all the post

what i want to do is just rebuild the top end. i hear a noise when i run it like their is allot of play on the top end.

i am not looking at preformance upgrade just want to see if i can get another 20 years out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey Shadetree, i ment to tell you thanks for you offer but i would need a manual or some type of instructions. honestly i am not a mechanic by trade however with the right paperwork i can do allot of stuff and have done allot of work on my junk at my house. like last week i just put a clutch, rear main seal and all the other good stuff that goes along with pulling the transmission on my yota. i even put a timing chain and all that stuff on it last year.

hopefully this will give you an idea of my skill level.

guess i am trying to say that i am only as good as the instructions that i can get online hahahah

thanks again

·
Registered
285 Posts
again go to 3wheelerworld.com like i said. we have factory scanned in manuals there. we got averything to help to you rebuild it right the 1st time + tons of parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i am going to check them out and see if thisis something that i can understand and use. thanks again

·
Registered
35 Posts
.good luck the top end shouldn't be that hard just make sure you have a good torque wrench and a decent set of instructions

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
hey Shadetree, i ment to tell you thanks for you offer but i would need a manual or some type of instructions. honestly i am not a mechanic by trade however with the right paperwork i can do allot of stuff and have done allot of work on my junk at my house. like last week i just put a clutch, rear main seal and all the other good stuff that goes along with pulling the transmission on my yota. i even put a timing chain and all that stuff on it last year.

hopefully this will give you an idea of my skill level.

guess i am trying to say that i am only as good as the instructions that i can get online hahahah

thanks again
your welcome...you can get repair manuals for those atc's....i know clymer makes and sells them for that bike....not sure on the price..but i do know they have them, if you run into any problems with something the repair manual don't explain..just holler at me..i'll try to help ya any way i can...those 250's motors are some tough engines...they last forever !.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was wondering if their is a personal write up as to doing this rebuild? i have found some on toyota that was better that the haynes manual so i was looking for some on the 3 wheeler.

·
Registered
285 Posts
dude i told you for the 3rd time everything is spelled out on 3wheelerworld.com factory manuals on online there. what else do you need? download the manual and go tear it appart. reason we put that crap on the net for people can fix this stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
for the third time thank you very much for your help and i am on this sight reading just about every day.
i have downloaded the manual and even printed it as well as studied it
HOWEVER MY POST ASKED FOR A PERSONAL WRITE UP DUDE
i experience is that with manuals like the Haynes Manual they can get you in more trouble than they can help.

and i have found that in some cases you can find personal write ups that give more detail and are 100 times more detail that the Manual.

an example would be Toyota nation.

thanks again for THE THIRD TIME DUDE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh by the way on the 3wheeler world one post sais that you have to have the cylinder bored one sais you dont. also i done see one post that sais or has a list of the parts and tools needed to do the job.
a personal write up usually goes into all this detail

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
oh by the way on the 3wheeler world one post sais that you have to have the cylinder bored one sais you dont. also i done see one post that sais or has a list of the parts and tools needed to do the job.
40vern, like i said..if you get stuck..and need some info on these motors..shoot me a prvt mesg..or just holler..i'll help you anyway i can..and yes..your right..not all manuals get into detail ..they don't show you somethings that i already know about these motors..soo..feal free to ask me anything on them..and i'll try to help out...just because this is an atv forum..does not mean you can't get help on anything !!!..atv..trike..what ever..we talk about everything from lawn mowers to cars..what ever..help is help in my book !

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
40vern, like i said..if you get stuck..and need some info on these motors..shoot me a prvt mesg..or just holler..i'll help you anyway i can..and yes..your right..not all manuals get into detail ..they don't show you somethings that i already know about these motors..soo..feal free to ask me anything on them..and i'll try to help out...just because this is an atv forum..does not mean you can't get help on anything !!!..atv..trike..what ever..we talk about everything from lawn mowers to cars..what ever..help is help in my book !
Yep the trouble with manuals is it would have to be 3,000 pages long to describe every thing that can go wrong and every tool to fix it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts