Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced most of the lower end (timing chain, tensioner and guide, sprocket, piston and gaskets). I have a fat blue spark, timed according to another forum with the cam nodes down, new carb, new gas. It will crank but won’t start even with starting fluid. Indicator light shows neutral. Some one please help

·
Super Moderator
38,355 Posts
I have replaced most of the lower end (timing chain, tensioner and guide, sprocket, piston and gaskets). I have a fat blue spark, timed according to another forum with the cam nodes down, new carb, new gas. It will crank but won’t start even with starting fluid. Indicator light shows neutral. Some one please help
my guess is you do not have your timing set right. you must have the piston on top dead center, ON THE COMPRESSION STROKE WHEN PUTTING CAM CHAIN BACK ON, THEN SET VALVES.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the problem was the wrong cdi advancer on the machine. Took one off another exact same machine and it fired on the first hit. Thanks for replying and trying to help me. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
38,355 Posts
Actually the problem was the wrong cdi advancer on the machine. Took one off another exact same machine and it fired on the first hit. Thanks for replying and trying to help me. Thanks
your welcome. yeah..in the future ?..try to stick with same year/make/model, and oem parts !..lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts