Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need rear tires on my 700xx can someone please help and tell me what will work thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Maxxis Razrs Bro simply the best tire out for sport quads. Just ask Pyetime.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Agree^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm going with kenda bearclaws when i swap tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
GBC has a new tire out called the Race Rex.....may be worth a shot??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size is everyone running there is only 2 tired made that will fit and there really hi I didn't know if everyone was changing the rear wheels too or what

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
If you are going to drop to a 10" rear wheel, make sure you buy the kit from ITP. They offer the correct offset so everything from the hub back has room to move.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Stock the rears are 22x9x11, I picked up a set of Razrs that are 22x10x11 so they are just an inch in wideth wider. Not sure the other sizes available from other manufactures,

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I don't understand why Honda made the XX with larger rear tires.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have yet to hear an explanation. More ground clearance maybe? What comes on the 450?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
21x7 up front and 20x10 in the rear. Next upgrade you go for, you should get some 23" razr 2 fronts. The stock dunnys push like crazy, the razr2's actually pull you through.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've heard that Razrs really eliminate the push that the 700 has. I've just been putting it off but with the riding season is almost here I need to get them. I've seen the the Razr fronts for like 68 bucks, do you think there is a huge difference in feel between the original Razr and the II's?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I know the difference between the Razr and Razr 2 rears is HUGE. I've never tried the Razr up front. I know that 99% of desert racers use that setup, razr 2 up front and razr in the rear.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was just trying to save a little dough but I guess we didnt get into motorsports to do that. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I have never heard anything negative about them. Give them a shot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much for everyones help

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did you decide on what your going to get?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just ordered some Razr 23" fronts from RM ATV for $139.98. Can't wait to check out the handling difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im getting the razr 22x10x11 rear and im getting the razr 23 for the front

·
Registered
35 Posts
People seam to think that the honda 700xx was desighned for nothing more than racing but thats not the case. The truth is that the honda won't keep up with the polaris 525 or the yamaha 700 when its on the track. But the honda was made to be a quad that could do it all. it can give you a good day at the dunes or a fun friendly day at the track or you can go to the deepest part of the woods with reliability. The honda is a torque motor that has lower gears so you can go through the trails with ease not running at high rpms and with less clutch work. Even if the honda can't keep up with the competition on the track or dunes when you put it in the woods there is no competition. I have a honda 2003 300ex thats a trail bike by expirence I would put a meaner tred or keep it stock

1 - 20 of 32 Posts