Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shave Fenders and Bold New Graphics...LOL

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a few friends who have started to drag out their ATVs for racing. So far, 400ex, 450, and Raptor 700 have been tricked out - exhaust kits, rejets, extensions, bore outs, etc.

Well, I raced all of these with my STOCK 700XX and smoked all but the Raptor of course, that b**ch. haha :laugh:

So, here is what I have purchased an have on the way :smile: :

Renthal Front Sprocket 15 Tooth
HMF Competition Series Exhaust
HMF EFI
Pro Designs K&N Air Filter
K&N Oil Filter (just for maintenance)
Green 200 light LED kit (for looks - for the motor and center to point towards ground)
4 x White 10mm led with aluminum housing (for looks - one to point on the bottom back of each tire)

Now, what I am looking for is a bigger/better air box lid or mod instructions to get more air flow and recommendations for other upgrades. I AM NOT AND WILL NOT be boring out the motor...sorry.

Also, how much HP/speed should I see out of these upgrades? I want to leave that Raptor in the dust :icon_ devil:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If you are not going to go into the motor with the mods you mentioned you might run neck to neck, will have to do motor mods to smoke his butt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What motor mods would you recommend? I would REALLY not like to bore it out any till I blow something :p

I am still looking to buy a different air box lid or a place to buy another stock lid to modify. Know of any?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.S.: This guys Raptor with just an extended front end, new muffler, new pipe, efi, and air filter is running 105 mph at the drag strip...so yea.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
If you are just doing drag racing, eliminate the airbox completely. Run just an exposed filter, Put a more aggresive cam in too. If the Raptor is breaking 100mph, you need some big motor work to touch him.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You will deffinetly need more than just those mods to get to 100+.Cam port polish then you may beat him.

·
Registered
391 Posts
How far are u all racing? I might have to change my sprockets and break out my 450 Havent met a 700 raptor i cant outrun yet, but down here its all 300ft dirt drag and the Banchee's kick my A$$

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do what to the camshaft?

Will be doing trails still...so keeping the air box.

Right now I am running 80mph...so hoping to at least hit 90 with these upgrades.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
You will hit 90 you could hit 150 with the right gearing but you wouldn't get there fast.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Get a stage 2 hot cam, huge gains...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Link to where I can get one? I looked at Rocky Mountain and did not see one, and a few on eBay looked suspicious to say the least...one even used :/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Redracer! I will look into getting that on the next round of mods.

I see you are a mod. Can you delete the poll? Pretty useless.

After I get these round of mods, I am going to post on here both the gps and drag racing speed results. I am getting 80 mph right now...so cannot see how dropping the stock exhaust, pipe, and filter setup cannot give me a little boost of speed.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
In reality you really won't see much of a mph gain without changing the gearing and the rev limiter. You will just get there a heck of a lot quicker. To hit 100mph you will need to change gearing and have enough motor power to get you up to speed.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Sorry man, I tried to delete the poll but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to make it more relavent to help you, but it won't let people vote again...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, np Redracer.

I look to replace the cam some time soon when I get the cash. As for gearing, I am changing the front sprocket, what else? Change out the back to? And what is a rev limiter? This is my first run on dragging out an atv.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The CDI is what controls your ignition timing and controls the Rev limiter. The rev limiter is a factory set governor basically. It won't allow the machine to rev over 9,000 RPM's(not actual numbers, just throwing some out there). An Aftermarket CDI will advance or retard the timing(which ever is best in your situation) and increase the rev limiter by 1000 RPM. So if you were hitting 80mph and add another 1000 RPM you will see about another 3-5mph, maybe more. You could also change the rear sprocket. Smaller means faster where bigger in front is faster.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yeah the cams ae not thst bad... I actually can't find any CDI boxes for the 700...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts