Honda ATV Forum banner

660r shocks

9K views 84 replies 8 participants last post by  Redracer 
#1 ·
would 660r schocls fit on 400ex a-arms. and should i get a set to put on the front or should i stay with my stock 300ex shocks

#2 ·
You'll need a shock conversion kit but they should work.

#4 ·
I agree red.I put z400's on my 250 and I hate them.They compress way to easily.

#5 ·
yah but what me and my cuz been looking at he getting yfz450 shocks for the front of his 660r and he said we should be able to just put them we though from doing the calculations it looks like they would bolt up to the a-arms and the frame

#7 ·
The same one they used to figure out how to build a 385 300ex...lol

#8 ·
no there about the same size as the 400ex shocks we thought

#9 ·
You need to check what the angle of the shock coming off of the frame and the angle where the shocks mount to the arms. That is your geometry. Then you need to remove both sets of shocks and measure from eye to eye.

#10 ·
righ but wat would i be better with stock shocks or go with my cuz 660r shocks cuz all i rilly do is trail ride and drag race i will jump but i dont alwas jump but i do

#12 ·
Your going to have to get a shock conversion kit.I'm 100% positive of that.I widened mine 3 inches per side and still needed a conversion kit with 400ex sized shocks.Sorry bud.

#14 ·
You will need the widening and conversion kit I already checked into this if you retain the 300ex stock A-Arms you will need both $220.00 at HERE CLICK ME!!!

#15 ·
man moose ur get all them shocks its not a motocross race its a drag race

#16 ·
I want the 660Raptor rear shock and the KFX450 for the front. Not just for drag racing but I want to ride really comfortable.

#17 ·
Better suspension keeps the wheels on the ground. You would be surprised how often your back wheels are off the ground, even in a straight line.

#18 ·
I don't think I have that issue...LMAO remember I drag my fat around!!!! I'd be good in a tractor pull...lol

#19 ·
ah i know lol i migh get me some 660r shocks or maybe yfz450 shocks

#24 ·
I got a set of coil-overs off my cavalier that you could retro...lol

#26 ·
300 you already have 400ex a arms correct.If so you'll only need the shock conversion kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.