Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried starting my 2014 Rancher found that the battery was dead.This was after about 3mo. of setting. I put my trickle charger on it for about 2hrs with the cables from the four wheeler still connected. When I tried to start the four wheeler it almost started, then I put the charger to start and tried again. It started this time, but after I removed the charger the four wheeler died. I checked the battery and found that it was bad. I then installed a new battery and the four wheeler fired right up. I let it set and warm up for about 30min. I was driving it around the yard and decided to put it in four wheel drive. it would not engage, and no light was present on the panel view. Cable seems to work fine and I ran out of time and wasn't able to jack it up to see if the wheels are turning. Is there a possibility that I messed something up by basically jump starting it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
You may have blown a fuse. You always want to start with the easy stuff first. 1st Are all the cables connected correctly? If yes then move to the fuses. With the voltage spikes from jump starting it's not uncommon to blow a fuse. If the fuses are all good start looking at the wiring. Mice love to chew wires and make nests. And they are very good at hiding them. So check in the airbox and other hidden areas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like you said DaBomb6988 start easy! I put it up on jack stands and tried in 4x4, it is engaged but the 4WD symbol/light did not come on so now I'm looking at wiring. Need a service manual for diagram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts