Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought an 04 rancher 350 fulltime 4x4 and didnt pay close attention but the front has 22-10x12 dirt devils and the rear has 22-10x11 dirt devils.im guessing since this is a fulltime 4x4 thats not good on it? one of the rear wheels is bent so i would like to find a pair of 22-10x12 dirt devils,hopefully mounted on 12 inch rims that will bolt right on. also,what all wheels will bolt on from honda or different models? what is the bolt pattern?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bolt pattern is 4/110. All honda's have this bolt pattern that I know of. The rims being different sizes is a stock thing. Honda does that to give better ride (cushion) when trail riding or stuff along that line. On the 4x4s it doesn't matter how the rims are as long as there at least an inch of each other. Tire should always be the same, though sometimes there not, but i always keep them the same size.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
The 350 Rancher comes from the factory with 12 inch rims on the front and 11 inch rims on the rear. The factory tires are 24 inches tall, though, instead of 22 inches.

The bolt pattern for Honda utility ATVs is 4/110.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
And welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the welcome!glad to be on.im sure i will be bugging you all often! this is my first 4x4.im sorry i screwed up on the tire size.have too many numbers running through my head at once.its actually 25s.i found a set of 03 rancher rears,just wondering if they would work.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i found a set of 03 rancher rears,just wondering if they would work.
If they are the stock 350 Rancher tires, they will be 24 inch tires, so if you have 25 inch tires now, they won't work. You need to keep the tire height the same on the front and rear. The stock size tires for all 350 Ranchers is as follows:

Front = 24X8-12

Rear = 24X9-11

·
Registered
204 Posts
Helmuts right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im sorry will the wheels from the 03 work on the 04.i figured they would all be the same bolt pattern but ive seen some on ebay that says 00-03 so not sure.not sure if they would be the same bolt pattern,width,back spacing.it wasnt specified if their 350 rancher was a 2wd or 4wd. also while i have you experts on here what all models will the front and rear racks interchange on?my rear ones are cut down and bent.thanks alot guys.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I believe all the Rancher 4wd wheels are the same, I'm not sure about the 2wd Ranchers, they could be different. I would verify that before I ordered though. Ask whoever you order from. I know for sure the bolt pattern is the same, but it's possible that the offsets might be different, but I don't think they are.

As for the racks, I think the 2000-2003 are the same and the 2004-2006 are the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The truth about 4x4 wheels and tires is a simple one,

The ABSOLUTE must on a 4x4 with the same gearing front and rear, is that ALL four tires are of the same circumference. The width and wheel size does NOT matter. If you are running 26 inch tall tires, the wheel size can be different on all four corners and the 4x4 will still run fine. My 4x4s are always running the closest size match I can run in the width and wheel size BUT, the absolute rule is never to be altered when running the same gearing front and rear.

You can run a 10 inch wide tire on the front and a 12 inch wide tire on the rear and as long as both tires are the same height (22, 24, 25, 26... etc), they will not effect the drive unit. If you have 25 inch tires on one axle, make sure that the other axle is also sporting 25 inch tires. Also it helps to run the same tread type on all four wheels so that each tire maintains equal grip but this is not crucial.

:icon_cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts