Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating whether to get 450r shocks or keep my stock shocks on my 400ex. Is the ride any different? How much would the shocks cost?

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I have seen them on Ebay going for 175-225. I have some I just want to get them revalved before I put them on. And yes they make it ride better. When you hit a jump front first it absorbs better they have more adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
They are going for about 250 to 300 on Ebay and yes the ride would be much better, I want to convert to 400ex a-arms and 450R shocks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard you have to grind down the eyes on the top and botttom of the shock where it bolts in?

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Wow! They are going for that much! I have not looked at them in a long time. I got mine from a buddy that bought a new 08 and bought arms and shocks they day he got his quad. I think but not sure because I bought a couple of things from him at the time, but I think we agreed on around 70 dollar bills. I bought a WhiteBros exhaust for him and sold it the next day. He is one of those great guys Spend big money and sells it cheap!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They sed it wasnt to big of a grinding job. just like and 8th of an inch or so.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. thanks. Would it amke ur ride sit a little higher than usual because the different travel lenghts?

·
Registered
108 Posts
i had them on mine but like i said i weigh 135 lbs and they kicked my ass and i like to jump.yes you do have to grind just a little bit no biggie.paid 2 bills for mine.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I sold mine for 200. Don't pay more than 225 for a set. The KFX450 has better front shocks than the TRX, I have seen people use them on the EX too.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Don't have the fronts anymore but if someone is interested i do have a rear of my TRX450ER.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I'd like the rear 450R shock but I'm not sure if it will work on my 250X or not? if any one knows that info it would be great.

Don't have the fronts anymore but if someone is interested i do have a rear of my TRX450ER.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You guys both need to measure from eyelet to eyelet.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
That would be with my shock removed right? I don't care if it's a little longer I can compress it to fit besides it may ride better than my shock now. lol

You guys both need to measure from eyelet to eyelet.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yeah, that SHOULD be the only reason it wouldn't fit. Would you have a place to squeze the rezzy in there? Like the fronts, you may have to grind a bit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I saw a pair of fronts on ebay for about 300 dollars. Is that a good price or can u get them cheaper somehwere else?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts