Honda ATV Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
The White/Green wire is on the switch side, the White/Green should read zero to ground frame or neg. of battery when bike is in 1st gear.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
OK, I think I follow you now. On the diagram attached, the switch is shown with gear 1 with W/G wire, then a DOT, then pink/blue. Is that dot the connector where the switch plugs into the wiring harness, and then the pink blue wire goes all the way to terminal A24 on the PGM-FI unit, correct?

Thank you again for the help. This minor issue is driving me crazy.

Attachments

Yes that dot is the connector.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Got it! When I went to take the plug apart again and started messing with the multimeter leads, the pink and blue wire came right out of the plug. I rigged a jumper from that wire to the green/white wire, put it in first, and it fired right up.

Melatv, thank you for walking me through that. Got everything right on the rancher now! Tomorrow I start on Rincon wheel bearings, original on a 2006 with 3500 miles. Ought to be fun

That's good news that we both worked together and solved the problem with your bike. I am 70 years old and still like ATVing running the trails and working on atv"s. :)

The green/yellow wire is the ground side of the coil which is pulled to ground by the PCM, which is pulsed from the PCM. Using a jumper from the Battery + to the black/Red on the Ign. coil with the Black/Red wire still on the coil -- it bypasses the bank angle sensor and the engine stop relay.
i put this jumper on I got fi and temp light also fuel pump came on but no spark any idears

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I had with my 2012 420, but twice when I went Togo start it up turn on the key and everything on the dash comes on like they normally do but no noise from my fuel pump and no power to electric start. My problem ended up being my kill switch on the handle bar. Started switching it on and off until I heard my fuel pump engage.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.