Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever pull the rear crankcase/stator cover off a 420 Rancher with the motor still in the frame?
Can it be done if you pull the swingarm off? It's an 07.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It can be done on the newer model, like mine. Remove swing arm, air box and disconnect a few wires. This site used to have manuals for free, does it still?

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2016 frame is completely different than an 07 frame. The manual says to remove the motor from the frame.
I'll figure it out if it can be done once I get home tonight.

It can be done on the newer model, like mine. Remove swing arm, air box and disconnect a few wires. This site used to have manuals for free, does it still?

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
Anyone ever pull the rear crankcase/stator cover off a 420 Rancher with the motor still in the frame?
Can it be done if you pull the swingarm off? It's an 07.
i've done it with motor in frame , and on some with dropping the rear swing arm. if you have enough clearance at the swing arm ?, you should be able to pull the rear case without having to drop the swing arm. if the rear drive shaft is going through the swing arm ?, then yes, you will deff need to drop the rear swing arm to remove the rear engine cover. make sure you pay attention to any and all thrush washers that may fall out when you pull the rear cover !. and DO NOT USE RTV SEALANT AS A GASKET !!!, you must replace the gasket ( if there is one there ? ) with a new oem gasket !.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts