Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having problems getting my wiring back right it turns over just fine but my neutral light stays on all the time now and it will turn over in gear .i also put a new starter button on it and it has a green wire and a green/yellow stripe wire that i dont know what they go to the book says its a clutch cut off and ground wire

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
The clutch switch wires can tie together bypassing the neutral switch. What year??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey TRX its the same one im doing the rebuild on its an 03 and the previous owners had a kill switch hooked up as the starter button and now im changing it back to the way its suppose to be they had wires all spliced together ..I just want it to be the way its suppose ti be originally

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know where I can get help with this issue .im not getting any info on here are there any other forums that are good..this problem is pissin me off its the only thing holding me up!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Green goes from the clutch switch to the green ground on your switch setup should tie in on your connections under the headlight... yellow/green goes from the clutch switch to the starter relay switch and should tie in also under the headlight our around the tank area not sure.... The yellow/Green going to the starter relay should split off somewhere into another y/g which goes into a diode then out from the diode as a light green to the neutral switch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i dont know what else to do i have messed with this all day and the only thing i can get out of it is it has spark and it turns over thats about it.(mind you i dont have the gas tank on it) so i know its not gonna start, but thats got nothing to do with the neutral light staying on and the fact that it turns over without the clutch in..I DONT WANT MINE TO BE LIKE THAT.lol

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
First off. You are in the best forum. Secondly I probably have a wiring harness complete with the bar switch. But it would be tomorrow night before I could let you know

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its got an after market clutch perch so there is no switch but the neutral light stays on all the time now ..it didnt when they had the kill switch hooked up as a starter button ..im thinkin i have a wire crossed or something cause i put the gas tank on and tried to start it and i had no luck but it is getting spark so i dont know what to do!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 400ex and it won't start.. Can anyone help me on how I can start it? It was running fine before it wouldn't start and its wanting to start but it does nothing. Please help me. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts