Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i was browsing craigslist as i always do and i come across something so crazy im scared just thinking about riding it.

First off its for sale in the deerborn heights/detriot area in michigan
Hes asking 10,000 dollars. Which i believe is laughable in itself.

Its a 04 honda 400ex. Looks pretty clean but here is the kicker
It has a suzuki hyabusa 1300 motor stuffed in it.
Now i have seen alot of these hack job motor swaps. This one looks very solid. They even added the guage cluster molded real nice into the top of the gas tank area. It says the gas tank is moved to under the seat. Living with a nhra drag strip not even a mile from my house i can tell you that motor is a mid 9 second quarter mile. I feel like i would need a change of pants after riding this rocket ship! Thats if it dosnt try to take off like an airplane. With the air dynamics not being designed to do 180 to 200 mph. Enjoy!

Attachments

· Registered
559 Posts
Uhhhh.... might want an extended swing arm on that bad boy before it slams you on the back of your head haha!

I've come across a few 400ex swaps, a 600CC ninja swap, a KTM 525 swap, but I'd say that this thing takes the friggin cake and inhales it!

Reactions: XplicitRacing6

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would anyone do a ktm525 swap? My buddy has one and its not really even fast. Its kinds dissapointing honestly. 450s walk right passed it. I mean he is a bigger guy. So its got a stage five weight increasion lol. But all the cc you think it would be a absolute monster!

· Registered
559 Posts
Why would anyone do a ktm525 swap? My buddy has one and its not really even fast. Its kinds dissapointing honestly. 450s walk right passed it. I mean he is a bigger guy. So its got a stage five weight increasion lol. But all the cc you think it would be a absolute monster!
The add isn't up anymore, but a found a cached version on Kijiji.

According to the seller, it's a 120 mph bike..... :icon_ rofl:

Attachments

· Premium Member
947 Posts
That's just retarded, too fast for 2 wheels up front.

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent ridden a hyabusa 1300 but i did get to ride a kawasaki zx14 down the track and the best discription i can give is a jet on 2 wheels. The fastest i ever went on my gsxr750 was a 10.8 at 125. On my first pass on that zx14 i did a 10.1 and that was the fastest my right hand would allow. On a quad i couldnt even imagine. Scared is an understatement.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
I have a Honda CBR 900rr and that thing scares me straight. I couldn't even imagine 1,300cc's. I don't ride it anymore since my back is messed up, something about sitting on a motorcycle just kills my back.

Didn't Kawasucki make a Zx10 that's turbo charged? I know they started to super charge them, but I think turbos are new.

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Theres turbo busa's for sure. Not sure about zx10's? Not that i have seen factory turbo atleast.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Oh my bad its the Kawasaki H2. It's the one that comes stock with a turbski. Geez its a inline 4 cylinder DOHC. That's way too much power. 275 HP to one wheel. That's almost more power than my truck!

· Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I havent ridden a hyabusa 1300 but i did get to ride a kawasaki zx14 down the track and the best discription i can give is a jet on 2 wheels. The fastest i ever went on my gsxr750 was a 10.8 at 125. On my first pass on that zx14 i did a 10.1 and that was the fastest my right hand would allow. On a quad i couldnt even imagine. Scared is an understatement.
I understand your statement of a jet on 2 wheels.

I rode my buddies ZX14 & describe to everyone as a Land Rocket. When it started to "pull" thru each gear it was like it wanted to rip the handle bars out of your hands. It was INSANE! I let off at 280km/hr. It had more, but I was good! lol.

So to have similar motor in a small quad... Not gonna lie.. Be a BLAST!!!!!! bahahahhaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.