Honda ATV Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks a lot Rurouni. Ur a badass. This was my first time doing it and I was like dang my swing arm is ruined. That's awesome.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Bump. Can anyone tell me is this the shell of the old bearing? I'm trying to rebuild mine.
Bump. Can anyone tell me is this the shell of the old bearing? I'm trying to rebuild mine.
yes that is the old needle bearing outer race. if you cant drive it out take a dremel or diegrinder with a carbide and cut it into 4 pieces (like a pizza) and knock out the pieces of the race.
I beg to differ kind sir. . . . I have a bushing driver set and I knock them out all of the time a little map gas and it will drive right out.. . lol

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
yes that is the old needle bearing outer race. if you cant drive it out take a dremel or diegrinder with a carbide and cut it into 4 pieces (like a pizza) and knock out the pieces of the race.
I beg to differ kind sir. . . . I have a bushing driver set and I knock them out all of the time a little map gas and it will drive right out.. . lol
was suggesting this if he couldnt drive it out. bearing drivers work great but if for some reason its so thin the driver doesnt want to shove it you can section it like i described. 2 ways to achieve the same goal.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I have one driver the fits the opening perfect even if the lip is gone on the bearing it will drive it out.... I cut the first 2 I did...but not anymore..haha

sent from MOOSE mobile

81 - 84 of 84 Posts