Honda ATV Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
I agree! Thank you for your extremely large amount of knowledge! This forum just keeps getting better and better! And non of the typical forum BS. Bickering and pissing matches!

Reactions: retro

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Hi guys, I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is 10 minutes into my 1st ride after "fixing" my problem...the quad went back to exactly the way it was...total lack of power.

Good news is we may actually find out what the problem was now!

When it finally ended up working (for 10 minutes), we put new clutch discs/springs in, adjusted the valves, and I RE-cleaned the carb. I have already re-checked the valves and they are adjusted correct.
Any new ideas? I plan on pulling the valve cover off and inspecting the valves. What should i look for? could a bent or stuck valve be the cause? How can I check them to make sure they all function right?

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
If you had a bent valve you would really know it. Because your piston would have a hole in it mostlikely. If you had a stuck valve your cam would be wiped or rocker arm. Or if it was really stuck the whole engine would stop turning completely. I would start by removing the spark plug in hopes maybe it fouled out. But working well for 10 minutes and then going back tells us very little. Any new symptoms? Or exactly the same as before? Not bogging or cutting out just lack of power? Were gunna get to the bottom of this. Maybe try swapping cdi's with your buddy? Maybe its not advancing your ignition properly?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok I'm still confused because this definitely wasn't the problem before but I took the carb off and heard some rattling and when I took it apart the slide was stuck and the 2 tiny screws that hold the needle down came out...

Put it back together and it's is running great again. I think it is lean so I am putting a bigger main in.

It must have been the valves and when I took it for my 1st ride the slide got stuck? Couldn't have been the slide the whole time...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.