Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a million posts on this but I thought I'd list the circumstances I have on this bike.

One thing is that when you turn the killswitch onto run, the headlights turn on (When the key is on).
Does this mean anything?

I know it's getting fuel because the spark plug keeps getting wet with fresh gas. It also has spark

If it's getting fuel and spark, i was told it must be the compression. I never got around to testing that because I don't have the right gauge.
This thing ran before it got power washed with a pressure washer a long time ago. It never started after. Is it possible that it's just the valves need adjusting? Please help.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If it ran before a pressure wash, and not after, I would suspect water intrusion and corrosion somewhere. With the light/kill switch issue you mention, I would start by taking the switch block on the left handlebar apart and start there. I think you may find your problem there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it ran before a pressure wash, and not after, I would suspect water intrusion and corrosion somewhere. With the light/kill switch issue you mention, I would start by taking the switch block on the left handlebar apart and start there. I think you may find your problem there.
Thanks for the reply. But it's not a switch block anymore, the guy before took the OEM switch block and replaced it with a starter button and killswitch button. It's all seperate so the headlights are just wired to the killswitch I guess.

I think my problem is in the carb, is the float bowl supposed to be green? Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts