Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i be competitive with a 400ex?* would like any and all input on this.* i do not want to build this thing and then find out that i need more.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What do you plan on racing against?

·
Registered
129 Posts
400's fall more in the "fun zone" where you want to race for fun and not competition. if you want to get competitive you will either need to build a monster 400ex or buy a 450. i recommend buying the 450.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im running second place in 265-450c on the satva tt curcuit. just look in my sig and decide wether or not you want a 400 or a 450

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The rider is more than the motor. Put a 426 kit and slam that beast to the ground. Stage 2 cam, intake, exhaust, and a CDI you will be able to hang. Now if the 450's have the same upgrades minus the 426 you will have to be on top of your game.

·
Registered
64 Posts
^^^^^ that is the most true thing thats been said, if i have an off race ill be lucky to hold onto third, you can do as red said and go 426 and stage 2 cam or you can put a stage one cam and a 440 bore (ive seen somewere that a stage 2 wont help you out much with a 440 kit but if im wrong please tell me i would love more power)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts