Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 03 400ex with a 416 big bore kit in it. I t still hase the stock headpip and a white bros muffler. I am wondering if I should install a header and muffler kit instead to get more out of the motor. If so, what is a good brand(s) to look at. I don't want anything loud, as that can be annoying.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would just pick up a headpipe, i use a whitebros. on my 450R. All the other brands i have tryed are kinda obnoxious (piss your neighbors off in the middle of the day loud) u might also wanna look into a K&N Airfilter setup, but my Whitebros. is definately the "quietest i have found"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no spark arrestor for mine and I think that is why it is so loud. Maybe I'm just not use to it. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yea i have one in mine, and its not much louder than stock. What baffle is in the end of yours?

·
Registered
391 Posts
oh wow i bet that thing really is loud LOL

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yea that definately looks insanely loud I will take some pics of mine an post them
lols i cant figure out how to add it in a reply but u can look under the atv photos tab to see them srry lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sign up for an account on photobucket, its free and what I use. Once you are signed up, go to Photobucket's website and sign in. It will bring you to your main album page. At the top of the page you'll see an area to download the pictures. It will say "Upload pictures & videos". You click on "choose files" and then just find the pictures that you want to up load from your computer, disk, or flashdrive. Once you have found the ones that you want, you just click on The photo that you want and it will automatically upload the picture. Once you have then loaded on there, you want to copy and paste the "IMG Code" (it is the fourth code under the piture) to the post you are writing. The picture should post up once you hit "Submit Reply".

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plus the slip joint is leaking a touch too. I took it out today and it wasn't too bad, but it could be quieter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took it on in the woods again today. The muffler is just flopping all over the place (not bad, but it shouldn't be like this). Looks like I'll be saving up for a new exhaust for it.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I got that same muffler you want to put on your quad on mine the FMF power Core 4 it sounds really good, not to loud.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
not a header but an aftermarket pipe. it goes around the frame instead f between the frame and engine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts